Friday 4 March 2016

...

I was awakened by birdsong. I felt on my face a gust of wind, the humidity of the forest in which I slept. The fireplace was expiring. I gathered my things and walked to the cliff, whose position was betrayed by the sky appearing between a couple of trees. In dimness I saw the tops of coniferous trees in their bluish hue. The forest slowly woke up, losing some of its mystery. I always think about the place where rights of human being are shortened to the ultimate desire, the desire of peace and survival. But then I didn't realize how I can get there. My journey was only a journey for me. When I looked at all these incredible views, I saw only that what can eyes see. But after what I experienced I know I was blind. But anyway, back to my journey. I came off the hill and found a source. I drank some water and I saw something unusual, the human footprint! I was traveling along lots of lands inhabited by strange races, but I was the only human I ever know. I suspiciously entered the thicket. The owner of the footprints must be a child, because his steps were much smaller than mine. The child has followed the stream, and I followed him. Soon I found myself in a small clearing. In the shade of a tree I saw the silhouette of a man. - Who are you? - I asked without thinking. The stranger actually was slightly lower than me, but he looked like 15 years old. He had tan skin, and dark shoulder-length hair. He didn't speaked to me, just stare. After while he raised his arm and showed me his open hand vertically. I thought, it looks like some kind of gesture. He noticed my curiosity and smiled. He showed me a gesture resembling a walking, and his mute mouth seemed to say "follow me". As in a dream I followed him, soon we arrived at the spot in the woods over which was some sort of stretched mesh of branches and leaves. It looked like a the work of of the boy. In the middle of his camp was a recess for fireplace, at the wall of trees was board made of several planks. The stranger walked up to the board and pointed to the inscription "Iris" and then at himself. - That's your name. - I said. He nodded and pointed at me. - I'm Byleistr son of the Eastern Wind. I'm traveling untill I find place where I will learn the wisdom of peace. - After a while I realized that my interlocutor knows how to write runes. - You are alone? Who teached you how to write? - I asked him. He pointed in the center of sky, then on the ground under him and make a gesture as though trying to embrace something intangible. He walked over to the board and drew a rune Great Mother. - Iris, you must be the chosen one. - I tought. I decided to stay in the camp the boy. Time goes by, and I began to understand that my journey is to find not the end but the beginning. Iris became my friend, he never was sad though it was not given him to speak a single word. Despite the fact that his days were similar to each other, he never get bored. He walked through the forest, creating runes on the stones and trunks laughing to himself. His posture was certain, something which made him one with the nature.But that night everything changed. Iris went as usual without a word. He disappeared as though never existed. When I realized what had happened, I realized that my journey has just begun. 397 ACFR.

  Maciej Kondrasiuk 3a


No comments:

Post a Comment